We are open to hiring someone with less experience for this role. Please apply if you believe this would be a great opportunity and play to your strengths and capabilities.
The Senior Project Manager position is a leadership level position within the project management structure of ESCO Automation. This position is best described as a key resource for external customer project delivery on strategic projects at a large scale. Work executed will be for multi-discipline automation teams. This position requires acquisition of new and mastery of project management skills. Technical and strategic leadership is required of this role.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage multiple large-sized process control system integration projects of significant complexity simultaneously--accountable at the highest level in the project management structure.
- Perform project management independently while adhering to scope, schedule, and budget constraints.
- Create and manage project tools including: project plans, schedules, and budgets. Follow and maintain all established project management processes.
- Prepare client bid pre-qualification packages, estimates, and proposals including the compilation of all relevant documents and materials to accompany them. Review estimates prepared by others.
- Utilize accounting-related systems for accurate tracking and forecasting of project performance compared to plan. Serve as the primary point of contact with accounting on assigned projects.
- Provide quality assessments of overall work performed by the team.
- Provide guidance and training to others with less experience through mentoring and project leadership.
- Work with Account Managers to help develop and execute strategies to retain and improve business with key clients.
- Establish and maintain professional client relationships.
- Partner with other resource managers to ensure assigned projects are staffed correctly.
- Prepare and lead project meetings.
- Process change orders.
- Approves project timecards and expenses.
- Utilize, support, and enhance ESCO’s standards and best practices.
- Understand and follow all safety, conduct, and policy requirements established by ESCO and clients.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary by management.
To be considered, candidates should have:
- Completion of Master’s degree program in engineering or science from an accredited college or university and eight years or more of related work or industry experience.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree program in engineering from an accredited college, technical school, or university and ten years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- Completion of an Associate’s degree program in a related discipline from an accredited college, technical school, or university and eleven years or more of related work or industry experience; or
- A combination of equivalent education and or experience will be considered with solid evidence of success.
- Experience in a project engineering or project services environment, including the following:
- Knowledge and familiarity with project management activities including budgeting, defining and managing scope, risk management, and scheduling.
- Project team leadership.
- Project estimating, proposals, and working with clients during sales process.
- Demonstrated to be highly proficient with computer technologies including but not limited to, Windows Operating Systems, and the use of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with Microsoft Project, Access, SharePoint, and Dynamics.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Experience with Control Systems Integrators Association (CSIA) best practices.
- Demonstrated proficiency with two or more of the following: electrical design, PLC ladder logic programming, HMI programming, computer programming, or commissioning.
- Experience in the food, grain processing, seed, or other industrial process industries.
- Self-starter that exhibits a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Willingness to take on and complete multiple project assignments quickly and efficiently.
- Develops meaningful relationships to build trust.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Adapts behavior to changing circumstances.
- Work produced demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service and teamwork skills.
- Provides effective coaching and feedback.
- Able to effectively communicate and train others in areas of expertise.